Monday, May 30, 2016

Tenth Anniversary on YouTube!

In October of 2005, upon returning to the New Orleans area, I purchased my first digital camera. At the time I didn't realize the camera had a digital video feature. Once I discovered that ability, I learned through trial and error how to shoot and how to edit video. For 6 months I experimented with the medium, drawing inspiration from an assortment of videos I watched online.

Then in May of 2006, I made my first ever YouTube channel, dotdude. Over a ten year period I've shot video subjects that interested me and poured over that statistics provided by YouTube.

Along the way I purchased a couple of Flipcams and more recently a Sony camcorder. Some of my videos are simply observational, while others are more experimental. At times I’ve added music and sound to my videos. As the software changed, I tried new features.

Below is the first videos I shot. It includes an angel statue next to a small lily pond with a fountain. A number of homes in New Orleans have patio gardens that include fountains and/or ponds. A still image of the statue with pond served as my initial channel avatar.

No comments:

Post a Comment